Lehigh Valley Details
November 3, 2019
The Lehigh Valley Rock N Road start and finish will take place at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center in Breinigsville PA.
Registration includes a goodie bag, well-stocked rest stops, on-course support & SAG vans, and after-party with snacks and beer. A portion of each registration goes to support the PA chapter of the National Interscholastic Cycling Association.
Early Bird Registration through July 31 – $65
After July 31 – $75
Exclusive VIP package – Includes Rock N Road custom jersey; Saturday 25 mile course recon ride with Andrea Tafi, light lunch and refreshments post-ride, and early packet pick up. Includes Rock N Road entry fee. $200
Custom Awards by HolzmanIronStudio for the top 3 female & male riders in each distance.
We are very excited to host the Rock N Road ride here at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center. Beyond hosting great track racing during our summer season, it’s our goal to be an asset to the cycling community year-round by making our facility a resource for all kinds of bike events. We are surrounded by some of the best roads – paved and otherwise – in the country and by hosting events like the Rock N Road ride here at the track, more people get to experience what makes this place so special for people who love riding bikes. We know the team at g4 Productions puts on top-notch events and we are excited to see what they’re going to do!
– Joan Hanscom, Executive Director of the Valley Preferred Cycling Center
Saturday Packet Pick-Up
Early packet pick-up will take place on Saturday, November 2. Location and times to be announced.
Meet Andrea Tafi and your fellow riders.
Parking will be at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center and the neighboring Bob Rodale Cycling & Fitness Park. See the map below.
Please do not park in areas other than these assigned areas and do not park on grass unless directed to do so by event staff.
Event Day Times
Packet pick-up will open at 7:00 am and close at 8:45 am.
The ride starts at 9:00 am.
Post-ride snacks and beer start at 12:00 pm. Food will be served until 3:00 pm.
Awards will take place at the after-party.
Event Day Information
You’ll have access to the Velodrome’s locker rooms before and after your ride.
The ride will be fully supported and SAG vans will be available on course.
The 50 km course will have one rest stop and the 100 km course will have two. Water and hydration mix will be available as well as a variety of snacks.
Lodging – Allentown Park Hotel
- To make reservations call 610.391.1500
- Ask for The Rock N Road Gravel Ride in order to receive the discounted rate.
- The discounted group rate id $85.00 per room per night plus tax.
- This group block is set up with rooms with 1 King size Bed and rooms with 2 Queen size beds for you to choose from.
- This group rate will expire on October 25th 2019. Any reservations made after this date will not be able to receive the discounted group rate.
- All reservations have a 24 hour cancelation policy. This means if you have to cancel for any reason you must do so no later than 4pm the day before your arrival date.
- Check in is any time after 3pm
- Check out is any time before 12pm (noon)
- All reservations must be made with a credit card. This card will not be charged until day of arrival and payment type may be changed at time of check in.
- If you wish to book your reservation online please click on THIS LINK.
Andrea is a former professional cyclist with dozens of victories in his palmares, including the Tour of Flanders, Paris-Roubaix, the Giro di Lombardia, and an Italian National Championship. Andrea’s grit in “hard man” races earned him the nickname Il Gladiatore.
“As a professional I raced many times in the US. It was always a good experience. I still have many US fans and riders who visit my Borghetto in Tuscany. I am really looking forward to the Rock N Road ride and to recreate my Paris-Roubaix win with the finish on the velodrome!”
Laura Van Gilder
LVG has been a professional cyclist since 1992. Her victories are almost uncountable and she is, unquestionably, one of the most successful cyclists in U.S. history. Laura once again proved her mettle during the 2018-2019 cyclocross season by winning the Masters 55-59 World Championship in Mol, Belgium then backing it up by winning the U.S. National Championship two weeks later in Louisville, Kentucky.
Laura mentors up and coming racers by asking them to join her as guest riders, this provides a true learning environment for race strategy and team tactics at high-level races.
Off the bike, Laura dedicates her time to a local animal shelter and spending time with her own pack.
Bobby comes from a renowned cycling family – his parents Bob and Tracy are multi-time National Champions. He won his first of more than 40 national titles at the age of 13 and is a three-time Olympian. Served as an Olympic ambassador for Best Buddies International and First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move!” campaign.
Enjoys driving and fixing antique motorcycles.
NICA – The National Interscholastic Cycling Association
Founded in 2009, the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) develops interscholastic mountain biking programs for student-athletes across the United States.
Learn more here
Additional Event Notes
- Please remember, this is a RIDE, not a RACE.
- Bike Type – While a gravel bike will work well, just about any road bike will be good too. The ride includes roads through the State Game Lands and will include plenty of rough surfaces. Tires with puncture protection are recommended. Frames with extra clearance are a good idea too.
- The ROUTE IS NOT CLOSED TO TRAFFIC. You must obey all traffic laws, including riding no more than two abreast, riding single file when a car is passing, and stopping at ALL traffic signs/signals.
- The course will be well marked. Please take a look at the example signs at packet pick-up and keep an eye for them on the course.
- NO headphones
- Helmets are required.
- We will have volunteers stationed at various road crossings. They are there to let you know to slow down and to keep you safe, so please listen to them.
- Please be respectful of the parks and areas you ride through. We want to make sure we can have this event again, and we are riding through 9 parks, numerous neighborhoods, open roads, and small towns.
- Please, no littering. You’ll be riding beautiful back roads and through Pennsylvania State Game Lands. Tuck all empty gel packets and wrappers into your pockets to dispose at the rest stops.
- If you see a “SLOW DOWN” or “TRAFFIC AHEAD” sign… Slow down! That means there is a turn or a dangerous section of the route. There are some major road crossings.
- While we will supply mechanical and SAG service, please be prepared to fix flats and conduct minor repairs yourself.
- Mobile phone service will be spotty in some areas. If you need SAG support text or call ride dispatch at 984-260-8589. (Texting may work in cases where calls will not go through.)
Valley Preferred Cycling Center, 1151 Mosser Road, Breinigsville, PA 18031